Kelly is a dedicated volunteer in the organic industry which means her knowledge of what’s happening in the industry is never out of date. Activities include:
- Member of Canada’s organic Standards Interpretation Committee
- Member of OMRI Canada Review Panel (Organic Materials Review Institute)
- Representing IOIA (International Organic Inspectors’ Assocation) on Canada’s Technical Committee on Organic Agriculture
Other projects include:
- Co-Author of CORP – Canada Organic Retailing Practices Manual & Guide
- Developer of CORP In Store – retailer training curriculum based on CORP
- Technical expert for in-house training video for national retailer with over 1,000 stores
- Technical expert on CP 24 television news program “Wylde on Health”
- Seminar leader at major industry conferences in Canada, the U.S. and Europe on organic production, the Canadian organic regulations and the certification process
and the following organizations:
I am delighted to have been able to assist the following companies:
"[Kelly] is always professional and on-task, is outcome-oriented, and a committed member of our organization."
presenter & trainer
"Dynamic instructor. Very knowledgeable and made material interesting."
"Kelly has been an invaluable asset to our team, demonstrating commitment and thouroughness not easily found."
Find reviews for kelly as a...
Kelly Monaghan, principal of Ash Street Organics, has been working in the organics
industry in Canada, the United States and Europe for more than 20 years.
Professional services include assisting companies to acquire organic certification for their products, creating and leading effective training programs on organic regulations / requirements and inspecting processing facilities on behalf of accredited certification bodies.
Kelly is an accredited organic process inspector and active member of the International Organic Inspectors’ Association. She has an MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University, Toronto and a mathematics degree from the University of Western Ontario.